The Cater Museum
The Cater Museum - A Doorway to the Past
In February 1958, Mrs Alice Cater purchased 74 High Street in memory of her husband William to provide Billericay with a museum.
Early the following year work started to convert the building from a house into the new Cater Museum, along with two business premises, and was opened to the public on the 7 May 1960.
Their website is www.catermuseum.co.uk Tel. 01277 622023
Other times by appointment.
Free to enter.
Please contact them for Bank Holiday, Easter, Christmas and New Year opening times